Our Homeowner Insurance offers extensive cover, with flexible options to suit your needs.
Without adequate protection, one single incident, such as fire or burglary, can have a devastating effect on you and your home. Insurance can’t stop the incident happening, but it can help put things back the way they were – quickly and with the minimum of fuss.
Buildings and contents cover
Buildings cover is a requirement of most mortgages; it protects against loss due to unforeseen circumstances, such as storm, fire and flood. Accidental damage to buildings is included as standard within this cover.
Contents insurance provides cover against loss or damage to the contents of your home as a result of an incident, such as fire, flood or theft. Additional accidental damage cover is available as an option, to provide peace of mind in the event of unforeseen accidents in the home, e.g. paint spillage on carpets.
See below for further details of our policy features and options available.
- Full accidental damage to the building and pipes included as standard.
- Unlimited sum insured on buildings – so you can never be underinsured.
- Monthly premiums: unlike some insurers, we make no charge for paying monthly.
- Alternative accommodation for your family and your domestic pets – so no member of your family is left out.
- Damage to satellite dishes and TV aerials is covered up to the sum insured.
- Cover for valuables in the home up to £20,000.
- Replacement of locks and keys.
- Loss of oil and metered water.
- Damage to contents in the garden.
- Loss of documents in the home, safe deposit or solicitors – important for your passports, wills and house deeds etc.
- Accidental damage to entertainment equipment.
- Flexible excess limits.
- Contents temporarily removed – save money when your son and/or daughter goes to university or college; you don't have to take out a separate policy because their contents will be covered in the halls of residence on your existing policy.
- Contents in garages and outbuildings.
- Additional accidental damage: cover for accidental damage to all of your household contents whilst in the home.
- Personal possessions: protect your personal possessions outside of the home, anywhere in the world, at any time.
- Legal expenses: assistance with legal costs in the event of unforeseen legal proceedings.
- Home emergency: help with emergency repairs and arrangements - available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Pedal cycles: cover for all of your pedal cycles.