Making a complaint
In the first instance, speak to the representative that you dealt with. If, however, you remain dissatisfied, we have a dedicated team who will ensure your complaint is investigated fully.
If you wish to complain about the advice or service you have received from us, you can contact us via the complaints form at the bottom of the page or at:
- Address: Customer Relations Department, Countrywide Principal Services Ltd, Countrywide House, 6 Caldecotte Business Park, Caldecotte Lake Drive, Caldecotte, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK7 8JT
- Telephone: 01908 961150
- Email: email@example.com
Alternatively, if you have arranged your mortgage over the telephone (rather than face-to-face) and you wish to complain about the advice or service you received, you can use the Online Dispute Resolution website to make a complaint, which will be forwarded to our Customer Relations Department and the Financial Ombudsman Service (our dispute resolution body).
What information do you need?
In order to help us resolve your complaint as quickly and efficiently as possible, we will need the following information:
- Your name and address.
- The name and address of the representative that you have dealt with.
- Any relevant account and policy numbers.
- A daytime telephone number where we can contact you.
- A clear description of your complaint.
- Details of what you would like to be put right.
What happens next?
We will aim to contact you to try and resolve your complaint on the day that we receive it, but if we need to make further enquiries, we will:
- Provide a written acknowledgment of your complaint within 5 working days.
- Give you the details of who is handling your complaint and how to contact them.
In these circumstances, we aim to resolve your complaint as quickly as we can. However, if we are unable to do this within 8 weeks, we will write explaining what is happening and when we expect to have an answer.
Taking your complaint further
If we cannot resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you may be able to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service that was set up by the Financial Conduct Authority to review certain unresolved complaints. When we respond to your complaint, we will let you know if you are eligible to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Address: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange, London, E14 9SR
Telephone: 0800 023 4567
You can download a copy of Countrywide’s Six-monthly Complaints Publication Report (PDF).