Are you worried about what would happen if you were unable to work and couldn’t meet your monthly mortgage repayments?
Our MortgageCare policy, underwritten by AXA Insurance UK plc, provides a monthly benefit to help pay for your mortgage and associated costs in the event of an accident, sickness or involuntary unemployment.
- Benefits payable for up to 12 months: Monthly benefits are paid for up to 12 months per claim (following a 30 day deferred period).
- Protection for the self-employed: Should you permanently cease to trade.
- Maximum benefit: £2,000 per month or 60% of gross monthly salary, which ever is the lower.
- Covers mortgage repayments: Allows you to cover the cost of your monthly mortgage repayment, plus – if chosen – can include up to an extra 25% of monthly mortgage for associated costs only, such as Buildings & Contents insurance premiums.
- Portable policy: One of the benefits of this policy is it is portable and therefore, should you redeem your current mortgage, you will be able to transfer the benefits to cover your new mortgage.
- Unemployment: Clients who claim may be provided with details of employment specialists who offer practical help and guidance on getting back to work. They provide guidance in CV preparation, letters of application, advice on career direction, company information and research resource and interview technique coaching and practice.
- Accident and sickness cover: This cover can help you to continue to meet your mortgage repayments for a period of up to 12 months per claim in the event of you being unable to work because of accident or sickness.
- Unemployment only cover: This cover can help you to continue to meet your mortgage repayments for a period of up to 12 months per claim in the unfortunate event of you becoming involuntarily unemployed.
- Accident, sickness and unemployment cover: This cover helps provide peace of mind by combining the benefits of accident and sickness with unemployment only cover.
This payment protection insurance is optional. There are other providers of payment protection insurance and other products designed to protect you against loss of income. For impartial information about insurance, please visit the website at www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk
Premiums are payable monthly by Direct Debit without charge. Premium amounts quoted include Insurance Premium Tax at the current rate.
- Accident and Sickness only: £3.72 per £100 of benefit.
- Unemployment only: £3.95 per month per £100 of benefit.
- Accident, Sickness & Unemployment: £5.69 per £100 of benefit.
Terms and conditions, exclusions, limitations and eligibility criteria apply.