Thursday, August 1, 2013
Condensed Consolidated Interim Financial Report
For the six months ended 30 June 2013
Countrywide plc, the UK’s largest integrated property services group, announces its results for the six months ended 30 June 2013.
• Considerable financial progress across entire Group despite the slower start to the UK housing market in 2013:
• Total income £258.8m (+4%)
• EBITDA* £26.4m (+35%)
• Operating profit** £22.0m (+47%)
• Adjusted EPS** 5.3p (2012: 0.3p)
• Double‐digit EBITDA growth across all divisions within the Group;
• Good progress in Q2 with Group income growing by 9% compared to Q2 2012;
• Lettings division continues to progress with properties under management up 24% year on year with EBITDA up 28% on H1 2012;
• Positive momentum going into the second half of the year driven by market trends as well as increased pipelines and front end activity which increases confidence in both transaction volumes and pricing during H2 2013;
• Interim dividend proposed of 2.0p per share payable on 6 September 2013;
• Appropriate capital structure in place following the IPO in March to maximise future growth opportunities;
• Net debt £22.1m (2012: £203.2m) and access to additional funding if required (undrawn £25m revolving credit facility).
Bob Davies, Chairman at Countrywide plc, commented:
”We are pleased to announce encouraging results for the first half of the year, representing a positive start to our return as a listed company. Continuing improvements in the availability of mortgage finance, developing customer sentiment and the impact of Government initiatives should help to stimulate further the level of activity in the UK housing market. In this more encouraging environment, the Board remain confident in the outturn for the year.”
For further information please contact:
Grenville Turner Chief Executive Officer
Jim Clarke Chief Financial Officer +44(0)7970 477299
Caroline Somers Head of Communications +44(0)7515 919588
Press office +44(0)7721 439043
* Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, amortisation, exceptional items, management fee, profit from joint venture and share‐based payments, referred to hereafter as “EBITDA” (see note 7 for reconciliation)
** before exceptional items, amortisation of acquired intangibles and share‐based payments (see note 7 for reconciliation)
To view the Condensed Consolidated Interim Financial Report for the six months ended 30 June 2013 click here
We will process your enquiry as soon as possible.
Thank you for your application, we are currently in the process of screening all applications. Unfortunately if you do not hear from us within 14 days your application has not been successful on this occasion. Thanks for your interest in Countrywide Conveyancing Services.
Please note for all our roles, successful candidates will be subject to the following checks:
There seemed to be an error processing your enquiry, please try again later.